DARIAH-EU Annual Event: 26-27 April, Berlin, Germany
On behalf of DARIAH-EU and DARIAH-DE we are pleased to announce that the DARIAH annual event 2017 will take place on April 26th and 27th in Berlin at the Harnack House of the Max Planck Society. The event is open to the wider public! There is no attendance fee but registration is required (see below).
Please note that prior to the event some meetings of the governing bodies of DARIAH will take place April, 25th at the Centre Marc Bloch.
The DARIAH 2017 event is an opportunity for Working Groups, DARIAH related projects, and the governing bodies in DARIAH to meet, present progress and new ideas, exchange experiences, and discuss future challenges.
The event consists of two parts:
1) DARIAH-EU Plenary sessions and
2) parallel sessions with workshops on topics of sustainability of research infrastructures.
The second part is kicked-off by the marketplace where working groups and affiliated DARIAH projects will showcase their research activities.
Additionally, there will be opportunities for colleagues to work together on their DARIAH activities face-to-face, such as Working Group meetings.
A (self-paid) social dinner is organized on Wednesday 26th April at 19:30 in the Eierschale Dahlem.
We are particularly pleased to announce the keynote speakers that will open and close the event, and that will focus on the event’s theme of sustainability:
"Keep calm and yes, we're open today: Open science and libraries"
Prof. Dr. Isabella Peters, Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel - ZBW Leibniz Information Center for Economics
"From paper to digits: Challenges and opportunities of digital research"
Roxanne Wyns, KU Leuven - LIBIS
A preliminary program is available here. Registration for the event will open by the end of March. For planning your travels, we kindly refer to the travel and accommodation information.
In the meantime, if you have questions concerning the programme, your WG activities, etcetera, please contact Femmy Admiraal at email@example.com. If you have questions concerning the venue please contact Dirk Wintergrün at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Femmy Admiraal - Data Archiving and Networked Services (DANS)
- Mirjam Blümm - Göttingen State and University Library
- Suzanne Dumouchel - Centre national de la recherche scientifique Huma-Num
- Nicolas Larrousse - Centre national de la recherche scientifique Huma-Num
- Francesca Morselli - Data Archiving and Networked Services (DANS)
- Marianne Ping Huang - School of Communication and Culture, Aarhus University
- Andrea Scharnhorst - Data Archiving and Networked Services (DANS)
- Dirk Wintergrün - Max Planck Institute of the History of Science