The Communications Officer will be assigned the following tasks:
- developing a communication strategy for CLARIN ERIC that covers both the online presence as well as the as the interaction with the relevant networks;
- designing a plan for implementing the strategy for the coming two years in close collaboration with the executive director and the director of user involvement; and
- contributing to the first stages of the implementation of the strategy, including the development of dissemination materials, the refinement of online presence via websites and social media platforms, and steps towards more effective visibility and communication with relevant networks, all in close collaboration with the CLARIN support staff.
CLARIN ERIC is looking for candidates that would bring in the following characteristics:
- an academic level of education (graduation at MA-level or higher);
- a proven track record in a similar position;
- well-positioned in relevant networks, including the European bodies that are responsible for research infrastructure policies;
- well-informed on the role of research infrastructures in the scientific landscape;
- basic familiarity with the concepts and terminology used within the field of natural language processing;
- experience in advising projects and giving guidance to researchers on how to bring their results under the attention of their target audiences, including a. o. communities of scholarly use and the general public;
- a good understanding of the outreach mechanisms that could benefit the communication of the value and impact of scholarly work form the humanities and social sciences, also covering the role of online multimedia products and training materials;
- flexibility and enthusiasm for working on a variety of tasks, including international travel;
- highly organized, detail-orientated and proven ability to work in an international organization;
- flawless command of written and spoken English.
Conditions of employment
- the position will be open for 0,4 fte;
- the salary will be dependent of the candidate’s level of education, expertise and experience;
- the position will be offered for one year, with the option for prolongement;
- the contract model to be applied (regular employment, free-lance contract, secondment, etc.) can be chosen in accordance with the conditions inherent to the candidate’s current employment and professional activities, the country/place that will be chosen as basis, applicable fiscal regimes, etc.
Application procedure and deadline
Applications for this position can be submitted through this online platform: CLARIN vacancy
The deadline for applications is 15 January 2017.
Feel free to retweet this vacancy on Twitter.